Prince Harry and Meghan Markle would like to make changes to their Netflix documentary before its release.
This decision comes after the death of Queen Elizabeth II on September 8, 2022.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex would like to play down their comments about the Royal Family.
Since the death of Queen Elizabeth II and the ascension to the throne of King Charles III, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle seem to be in turmoil. Indeed, the couple who decided to attend the funeral of the monarch before returning to California find themselves in an impasse when their Netflix documentary was to be released in December, after the release of season 5 of The Crown, scheduled for December. November 9.
However, this release would now be compromised, as revealed by the media Page Six on Tuesday, October 4. Indeed, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle would now be panicked at the idea of unveiling their documentary and would like to make “significant changes” to it. According to an anonymous source at the tabloid: “Harry and Meghan have doubts about their own history, about their own project”. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex would like to tone down some comments, especially regarding other members of the Royal Family. They would seek to “play down a lot of the things they said about King Charles III, Queen Consort Camilla and the Prince and Princess of Wales”.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at odds with Netflix
If the requests for changes from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been heard by the production, it would now be in “disagreement” with the couple installed in the United States. Indeed, a $ 100 million agreement had been made between Archie and Lilibet’s parents and the streaming platform and the changes would delay the release by several months. “They have made significant demands to roll back content they themselves provided – to the extent that some Netflix employees believe that if granted, this will effectively put the project on hold indefinitely,” a source said. source at Page Six.
For its part, Netflix has already announced that it will support above all Liz Garbus, the director of the documentary, who wishes to keep the feature film as it currently is. The announcement of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle is not really surprising when we know that Prince William’s brother has already asked to delay the release of his memoirs, scheduled for the fall. Indeed, the 38-year-old wants to make significant changes to his writings.
Pending the release of the documentary and memoirs of Prince Harry, King Charles III has already notified that he will not decide on the titles granted to Archie and Lilibet. Indeed, the two children should be able to receive the titles of prince and princess as grandchildren of the king. A prestige that could be taken away from them depending on the attitude of their parents towards the royal family.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle © Agency