A nine-figure financial proposition! This is what the undisputed king of golf, Tiger Woods refused. And probably, he is not about to reconsider his decision. Last June, Greg Norman, former champion and current boss of LIV Golf, made a revelation to the Washington Post. To participate in the LIV Golf tournament, they offered a pharaonic sum to Tiger Woods. According to Greg Norman’s statement to the Washington Post in June, the sum is “mind-boggling, we’re talking a nine-figure amount.”

See this post on Instagram

A post shared by Tiger Woods (@tigerwoods)

Norman confirmed what he said in June during an interview broadcast by Fox News on August 1, 2022. Indeed, he said that Tiger Woods turned down an offer “somewhere in the vicinity” of $700-800 million to participate in the LIV Golf Series. The reason for his refusal is the source of funding for the series. The LIV Golf series is funded by Saudi Arabia. Tiger Woods, the unbeatable 46-year-old American champion had already spoken on this subject previously.

Tiger Woods: the American golfer remains loyal to the PGA Tour

Golfers like Phil Mickelson and Dustin Johnson have accepted LIV Golf’s invitation. 200 million dollars signing bonus for the first and 150 million dollars for the second, according to some British media. As for Tiger Woods, even for 700 million dollars, he is not about to give up his principles. At the British Open, he said those players who took the money funded by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund have “turned their backs” on the PGA Tour that made them famous.

Tiger Woods inflexible: this huge offer he refused on principle

Tiger Woods © Zuma Press

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.