They must have had chocolate indigestion. This Thursday, June 9, two employees of the American confectionery giant Mars mysteriously fell into a giant vat of chocolate, several media reported. The accident happened at a factory in Pennsylvania, in the northeastern United States.
According to the American channels CNN and Fox News, the two people fell into one of the company’s giant vats, which was full of chocolate. For the moment, no reason has been given to explain how these employees found themselves in the tank, unable to get out.
Radio silence at the Mars group after the incident
According to the emergency services quoted by Fox News, they were finally rescued by firefighters who had to cut an opening in the structure of the tank to get them out as quickly as possible. They were then hospitalized. The communications services of Mars Inc. did not provide any details on the incident and the state of health of the two victims to the local media, nor did they respond to requests from AFP.
The Mars family group is the world leader in chocolate and chewing gum. It includes famous brands such as Mars, Wrigley (chewing gum), Milky Way, Snickers, M&M’s as well as Uncle Ben’s sweetbread or Royal Canin dog food. The group, which represents nearly 100,000 employees, declares an annual turnover of more than 30 billion dollars
March © Pixabay