It’s a sad story that happened in Lancashire, England. At the end of March, 18-year-old Cameron Milton was found dead in his bedroom. According to information released on Sunday November 20 by Lancs Live, it was his mother who made the terrible discovery on the morning of Tuesday March 29, before trying to resuscitate him, without success.
After the young rugby player died, his parents discovered plant material in his bedroom and behind his bunk bed, as well as a strange infusion of leaves from a tree. After examination, tests revealed that Cameron Milton had died of poisoning by the brew. Quickly, the hypothesis of a suicide was raised, his girlfriend having affirmed that he had informed her of his intention to commit suicide and his friends explaining that he was terribly afraid of dying.
Cameron Milton was ‘terrified’ of dying
If the death of the Briton occurred at the beginning of the year 2022, his anxieties had started several months earlier. Indeed, in August 2021, the young athlete suffered a concussion during a rugby match. Quickly, Cameron Milton had felt dizziness, tremors, loss of balance and heart palpitations and had convinced himself that he was going to die. After several medical tests revealing no abnormalities, he was refused a brain scan due to his young age.
As he became “terrified” at the thought of dying, the young adult had radically changed his behavior. He had started skipping class, regularly testing his heart rate, recording voice notes on Snapchat “in case of unexpected death”. Eventually, the death of his dog at the end of the year ended him and he even stopped playing rugby. An anguish which would have intensified over time and which would have ended up pushing him to commit the irreparable.
Rugby © Photo by Hanson Lu on Unsplash