Sinead O’Connor experienced a terrible tragedy a few months ago. Her 17-year-old son, Shane, was found dead. A tragedy from which the singer has great difficulty in recovering and, when she was to perform on stage, she made a radical decision. In a statement posted on the artist’s website, we can first read: “We would like to respectfully announce that due to the ongoing grieving process, Sinead has been informed that it would be healthier for her to take the remainder of this year and we hope to reschedule the shows for 2023 when she feels stronger.” Subsequently, it is clarified that this decision was “not easy for Sinead but, after being advised, she realized that it was for her own health”. The statement also states that the singer would like to “thank and affirm her gratitude to Sinead’s global agency ICM who handled these cancellations with the utmost respect and dignity and worked tirelessly. We would also like to express our gratitude for the continued support and understanding of local and international promoters”. Without forgetting the “friends of Sinead and her fans whose support and understanding have been very present throughout this period. The love she has been able to receive has been a source of comfort and peace for Sinead”.

Last January, the son of Sinead O’Connor, then interned in a psychiatric hospital near Dublin, Ireland, mysteriously disappeared. Quickly, a search notice had been launched by the police but also by the singer. “Shane, your life is precious. God didn’t put such a beautiful smile on your beautiful face for nothing. My world would crumble without you. You are my heart. ‘he stops beating. Please don’t hurt yourself. Go to the nearest police station and we’ll take you to the hospital,’ she first wrote on her social media before to ask: “How could a 17-year-old boy, traumatized and monitored for suicidal tendencies, disappear?”. On Friday January 7, the day after his disappearance, his body was found dead. A real drama for Sinead O’Connor who had quickly explained that she wanted to join him. “I decided to follow my son. There’s no point in living without him. Everything I touch, I ruin it. I only stayed for him. And now he’s gone,” she said. first wrote on his Twitter account before adding: “I destroyed my family. My children do not want to know me. I am a shitty person. And you all think that I am nice because I can sing. But I am not”. A few days later, she apologized to her fans and said she was going to the hospital. “I’m sorry to have upset everyone. I’m lost without my child and I hate myself. The hospital will help me for a while,” she concluded.

Sinead O’Connor: did she pay tribute to her son?

Faced with the announcement of the death of his son, Sinead O’Connor had quickly decided to pay tribute to him on social networks. “My beautiful son, Nevi’im Nesta, Ali Shane O’Connor, light of my life, decided to end his earthly fight today and is now with god. May he rest in peace and no one follow his example. My baby, I love you so much. Rest in peace”, she wrote on her Twitter account. A few hours later, she had posted a link to a song by Bob Marley, which she had wished to dedicate to her little boy. “This is for my Shaney. The light of my life. The light that illuminates my soul. My blue-eyed baby. You will always be my light. We will always be together. No borders can separate us,” she said. Very upsetting words.

Sinead O’Connor © JLPPA

sinead-connor.jpg

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.