Here is one who suffered to be beautiful. A 26-year-old woman from Cornwall, UK, was hospitalized with a serious infection after self-injecting a suntan product. Complexed by her too pale skin, Danielle Trevarthen decided to inject melanotan, a synthetic hormone sold on the internet aimed at accelerating the production of melanin and therefore, the tan. “I remember not feeling very well right after the injection, but I thought it was probably normal,” says the young woman in the columns of The Sun.
Unfortunately, the homemade injection didn’t have the desired effect. After a few days, Danielle began to feel pain in her left buttock. “A few days later, I couldn’t sit on my left buttock anymore. It was very painful, red, and it didn’t look good at all. I kept an eye on it for a week and it went away. turned into an abscess.” Worried, the young woman went to the doctor, but the infection quickly took over. “I consulted several times but nothing worked. The infection was spreading on my skin, wide and deep. A week after seeing the doctor, I had a first epileptic attack. I went to consult because i was feeling bad and i had a fever, and while going to the bathroom to vomit, i passed out and had a seizure, i had three more seizures before the ambulance didn’t happen. I was petrified.”
A flesh-eating bacterium was devouring his ass
At the hospital, doctors diagnosed him with necrotizing fasciitis, a flesh-eating bacteria that can lead to shock and even death. Fortunately, the antibiotics quickly took effect and after three weeks of hospitalization, Danielle Trevarthen was able to leave the hospital. Still in shock, she now warns against melanotan, also called “barbie drug”, illegal in the United Kingdom but available on the internet and on the black market. “I can’t say how dangerous it is to buy things online especially when there are no instructions. Now if I want to tan, I use self-tanning lotion or expose myself to sun with a ton of sunscreen.” A wise resolution.
She injected herself with the “barbie drug”. © Pexels