Blow to the McCann family. Last March, the Metropolitan Police Service in London announced the imminent closure of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, which occurred on May 3, 2007 in Portugal. “We currently have no intention of pursuing the investigation further,” a source told the tabloid The Sun on March 19, 2022. Called “Operation Grange”, the Scotland Yard cell devoted to the disappearance of little McCann had been opened in 2011, just 11 years ago.

But all hope may not be lost. On the sidelines of Scotland Yard’s announcement, the Portuguese police took a crucial decision: that of not giving up. “The investigation has not yet concluded, we are continuing the investigations”¸ indicated a representative of the prosecutor’s office in the columns of the Mirror. He added that it was “out of the question” to interrupt the ongoing research.

The investigation continues in Portugal, but also in Germany

At the same time, the German police are continuing the investigations around Christian Brueckner, a repeat child criminal suspected of having played a role in the kidnapping of little Maddie. Now 44, the man of Germanic origin was living in the Algarve at the time of the girl’s disappearance. Moreover, according to his girlfriend, he was absent the day before the fateful day. “I have something to do in Praia da Luz tomorrow, he reportedly said. It’s something horrible but I have to do it and it’s going to change my life. You won’t see me for a while.” Incarcerated in Germany for the rape of a 72-year-old American, the suspect has not yet been charged in the McCann case.

Gerry and Kate McCann © GOFF INF

gerry-kate-mccann.jpg
Lara T.
Lara T.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.