Sulwen Hefina Jones, 55, died of choking on chewing gum on October 5, 2021. Sulwen lived in Caernarfon, Wales and used to chew gum. The 50-year-old needed it to avoid having a dry mouth and throat. Sulwen Hefina Jones suffered from multiple sclerosis and took a lot of medication. One of the side effects of these medications was dry mouth. On the morning of October 5, 2021, at 6:30 a.m., Nerys Jones, one of her four sisters with whom she was living, discovered Sulwen’s body unconscious. She also discovered that Sulwen’s lips were blue, according to North Wales Live.

Coroner Sarah Riley said Sulwen Hefina Jones’ death was accidental. “After attending the address, paramedics told officers they believed she had fallen asleep with chewing gum in her mouth.” “She used to chew gum for her dry throat,” Sarah Riley said, before concluding, “I agree with the pathologists regarding the medical cause of death. The death of Miss Jones will be considered an accident due to the unintended consequence of chewing gum.”

Chewing gum was found in several places of his body

Sulwen Jones’ body was autopsied by Dr. Mark Atkinson. The latter revealed that he found chewing gum in different places in Miss Jones’ body. He also revealed that he was able to find some in the respiratory tract of the deceased. “The tentative cause of death has been given as chewing gum aspiration due to multiple sclerosis,” North Wales Live said. Sister Sulwen recalls that she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis 20 years ago, when she was just 35.

Ambulance © Pixabay

ambulance.jpg
Lara T.
Lara T.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.